- Our Teachers shall prayerfully help students learn attitudes, skills, and subject matter that will contribute to their development as Christians.
- Provide a Christian education that develops the whole child, intellectually, physically, socially, emotionally, spiritually, and creatively, by providing a preschool experience of lasting value with Biblical values and principles woven throughout.
- The primary functions are to be responsible for the supervision and management of the classroom in accordance with the ministry of Valley Christian Preschool.
- Principal duties of the teacher include: implement the school curriculum plan, carry out developmentally appropriate child development activities on a daily basis, supervise staff assigned to assist in the classroom, ensure the safety and physical well being of the children, maintain regular communication with parents, and contribute to the effective operation of the overall preschool program.
- The teacher shall prayerfully help children learn attitudes, skills, and subject matter that will contribute to their development to the praise and glory of God.The teacher must meet or exceed the requirements of the State of California for training and experience in early childhood education. To be fully qualified by the State of California to teach in an early childhood program the teacher must have completed with passing grades at minimum twelve post-secondary semester or equivalent quarter units in early childhood education at an accredited or approved college and demonstrate qualifications and certifications applicable to the level of the teaching position employed.
- Units specified shall include courses that cover areas of child growth and development, or human growth and development; child, family and community; or child and family; and early childhood education program curriculum.
- Be physically able to perform the job of a teacher of young children, must be in good physical health verified by health screening, including a TB test, performed by physician
- Have a criminal record clearance
- Have a warm, supportive attitude toward children and their families
- Be reliable
- Be flexible in receiving assignments or adapting to change in the program
- The teacher shall maintain a current First Aid and CPR card
All Applicants, will be required to sign and submit a Statement of Faith and a Certification and Agreement for Application of Employment
- Early Childhood Education 12 units
- Full time
- Health Benefits offered
- 401k offered after a year of employment
- Minimum 5 weeks of paid days off during the school year for school breaks