Senior Support Program of the Tri-Valley (SSPTV) is an independent, non-profit agency serving seniors over age 60 in the cities of Pleasanton, Livermore, Dublin, and Sunol. SSPTV was established in 1981 with a Friendly Visitor volunteer program serving 35 seniors. It has since grown to include programs which annually serve approximately 1,600 seniors in the Tri-Valley area, as well as about 5,000 information and referral calls and visits. A core of about 100 volunteers provide over 4,000 visits and 5,000 phone visits a year to seniors, as well. We pride ourselves in listening to the needs of our area’s senior citizens and their families to create programs to fit those needs.
- Stepping Out And Reconnecting (SOAR) combines recreational, therapeutic, and educational activities to inspire older adults to re-engage in their community.
- Finding Wellness Program includes nutrition, exercise, and medication/alcohol and drug safety education.
- Case Management Services support the individual needs of seniors who are able to maintain an independent life style.
- Family Caregiver Support provides case management and support groups for persons responsible for the care of a loved one.
- Alcohol and Drug Programs include case management, counseling, community education and a support group.
- In-Home Counseling Program provides one-on-one counseling and emotional support.
- The Friendly Visiting Volunteer Program includes several parts.
- In-Home Caregiver Registry maintains a list of workers for house work and personal care.
- A variety of Nutrition Education and Fitness Programs help reduce the risk of falls and improve the health of participants.
- Health Screenings are provided at a variety of senior sites in East and Central Alameda County.
- The Senior Transportation Program (STP) was developed and implemented with Measure B Gap funds through the Alameda County Transportation Commission.
Where: 5353 Sunol Blvd., Pleasanton (925) 931-5379
Visit our website at: www.ssptv.org
Contact: Phone: (925) 931-5379 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org