WHAT IS HOME STRETCH?
Home Stretch matches households to Alameda County’s Permanent Supportive Housing opportunities for people who experience ALL of the following:
- Literal Homelessness – click here to learn more
1. Individual or family who lacks a fixed, regular, and adequate nighttime residence, meaning:
(i) Has a primary nighttime residence that is a public or private place not meant for human habitation; (ii) Is living in a publicly or privately operated shelter designated to provide temporary living arrangements (including congregate shelters, transitional housing, and hotels and motels paid for by charitable organizations or by federal, state and local government programs); or
(iii) Is exiting an institution where (s)he has resided for 90 days or less and who resided in an emergency shelter or place not meant for human habitation immediately before entering that institution
2. Any individual or family who:
(i) Is fleeing, or is attempting to flee, domestic violence;
(ii) Has no other residence; and
(iii) Lacks the resources or support networks to obtain other permanent housing
- Disability – The head of household has a disabling health condition(s) that is expected to be of long-continued and indefinite duration and substantially impedes the persons’ ability to live independently, such as a diagnosable substance use disorder, serious mental illness, developmental disability, or chronic physical illness or disability.
- Are over 18 or Emancipated Youth.
- Currently Reside in Alameda County.
PHONE: 510-891-8938 FAX: 1-855-658-5466
MAIL: P.O Box 29172, Oakland CA, 94612
If you want to be added to the Home Stretch email list to receive updates, please email HomeStretch@acgov.org.